I had the opportunity to share something small on living the transformed life at Harvest Chapel International. When i heard the topic, i shivered a bit because i haven’t really thought about the transformed life but i fell in love with it when i started pondering over it. Be blessed as i share my short notes with you.
Some synonyms of transformation are: change, alteration, modification, variation, conversion, revision, amendment, metamorphosis, transfiguration, and evolution.
According to the Cambridge English Dictionary, transformation can be explained as a change in appearance or character of something or someone, especially so that that thing or person is improved.
What then is a transformed life? A transformed life is an improved version of an old life. A transformed christian is an improved christian. Note that transformation is a process and we have a part to play in it. If we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, i feel that we can play a major role in our transformation. When you are truly transformed, you will know it and the world will know it. People around you will see and know you are a transformed person. Your neighbors, friends, parents will all know it. You can’t pretend to be transformed for long, it will show.
What to do to live a transformed life.
Romans 12:2 says that we should not be conformed to this world but we should be transformed by the renewing of our minds… we should therefore note that we are transformed by the renewing of our minds and the -ing at the end of renew means we have to continuously renew our minds. It should be a daily affair because a renewed mind leads to a transformed life.
How does transformation become a daily affair?
- Feed your mind with God’s word- read your bible and listen to godly songs, preaching tapes, surround yourself with positive people who say positive things that uplift you.
- Colossians 3:2 says we should set our hearts on the things of heaven and not the things of the earth. Matthew 6:21 says that where your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will be. Being heavenly minded helps us live transformed lives because we know that this earth is not our home and we will all leave one day. It is better to store up treasures in heaven so that when you happen to find yourself there one day, there will be treasures waiting for you.
- Don’t be carnally minded. Romans 8:6 says that to be carnally minded is death. Being carnally minded is leading a selfish life where everything is just about you, you don’t care about how your actions will affect people around you.
- Live a holy spirit filled life. Be in tune with the holy spirit. Light and darkness do not agree and the holy spirit brings light and direction to us. The holy spirit is our teacher, our comforter, our companion therefore if you are not in tune with the holy spirit, you don’t have a comforter, a companion, a teacher, a counselor, you are simply lost.
- A life of worship and praise because these bring God’s presence. He inhabits in the praise of men. We see David telling God “Cast me not away from thy presence oh Lord…”David knew the implications of not having a right spirit, of not being in God’s presence.
What is the transformed life.
It is the life of Ephesians 6:13-18
- A transformed life puts on the whole armor of God and withstands(to remain undamaged, unaffected) in the evil day. As for the evil day, it will come but we are supposed to withstand and we can only succeed with the full armor of God.
- A transformed life is a life of truth and a life of righteousness. We must be comfortable with saying the truth. Belt of truth- belts hold our trousers in place, so the truth holds our lives in place. Righteousness is a breastplate and breastplates protected the chests of warriors in the olden days. Sin exposes us and righteousness protects us from the swords and bullets coming from the camp of the enemy.
- A transformed life preaches the gospel and wins souls. We need to grow as Christians and come to the point whereby we are comfortable with telling people about God, and winning souls for God’s kingdom. The Bible says he who wins souls is wise.
- A transformed life is a life of faith- faith quenches the fiery darts of the wicked. Faith says that although i be slain, although i face afflictions, although life seems rough, my anchor is Jehovah. Remember that faith comes by hearing so be particular about what you listen to and who you listen to.
- A transformed life is a saved life, a life of salvation. A transformed life also takes the sword of the spirit which is God’s word and walks with it. God’s will for our lives is his holy word, we have to open it and follow the directions it gives so we will remain transformed.
- A transformed life is a life of prayer and intercession. You need to invest in prayers and fill your prayer account. A time will come when you cannot pray and if your prayer account is empty, nothing will secure you. Pray for yourself and intercede for people around you.
Benefits of living a transformed life.
- You have a supernatural life- a holy spirit filled life. A supernatural life means relying on God for strength and wisdom. A life beyond the natural.
- You enjoy the full blessings of God when you live a transformed life. Sometimes we don’t benefit from Gods blessings because we are not truly transformed.
- You live a victorious life, the life of an over comer, and the life of a conqueror. The devil must not defeat us and not gloat over our downfall. When we fall, we must rise up so that God’s name will be glorified in our lives.
The transformed generation is a blessed generation. May God help us to live transformed lives. Amen!